Curious about all things cannabis?
Take the time reading below and you might come across a piece of trivia or two that will interest you.
If you have any questions about our list of trivia below please feel free to reach out to us here.
- Cannabis plant is a botanical plant; and compound derived from it can be used as herbal supplements just like in Ginger and Garlic just to mention a few.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is the primary non-psychoactive compound in cannabis plant.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive compound in cannabis plant.
- Pain is the #1 medical condition why people use cannabinoid-based products; especially when traditional therapy like opioid such as fentanyl patch, Oxycontin, hydrocodone is tried and failed.
- THC is said to have 20 times anti-inflammatory properties of NSAIDS (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin).
- THC is said to have up to 2 times anti-inflammatory properties of corticosteroids such as prednisone, hydrocortisone.
- There has not been any documentation of cannabis or cannabinoid-related overdose.
- Most adverse effects of cannabinoid are minor, short term; and easily reversible after discontinuation or dose reduction of the products.
- Studies ranked cannabis as less addictive than cocaine.
- Some cannabinoid compounds act in two phases (low dose and high dose of a particular compound acts in opposite way).
- Low dose THC tend to stimulates, while high dose sedates.
- When it comes to dosing of medication; including cannabinoid products; the rule of thumb is: “Start Low, Go Slow”.